Skip to main content

Be Audacious

Let me begin with the story. It is roughly like this :

1. There was a king who wanted to conquer an island territory. He had won many battles in past and was known for his military capabilities. He was brave and intelligent.

2. So he assembled his army, trained it and made a plan. On the D-day, they rowed to the island, disembarked, re-organized themselves and launched the attack. There was a fierce battle. Both sides lost many lives. But, the attackers had to withdraw. They say, soldier must live to fight another day. 

3. The King could not come to terms with his defeat and did a deep analysis of the cause. He is the "Never Give Up" variety and so decides to attack again. In consultation with his Generals he made a better plan and went in this time with a bigger and better army. Unfortunately, he had to make a retreat again.

4. This was totally unacceptable to the King. So he examined everything in greater detail, tried every trick in the book to launch a third and then a fourth attack. But, lost each time.

5. He then geared up for the fifth attack and this time had kept a part of the attack plan to himself. On reaching the island's shore, he ordered his Generals to organize the army as per the plan. He had kept a small party of soldiers directly under him and ordered them to burn all the boats. Then he went to address the troops and asked them to look behind. The soldiers were aghast to see the boats burning. The King said, " This time either we win the battle and live or we die here. There is no going back". 

6. You know the result. They won.

With my decision to move out of army, I too have burnt my boat. There is no looking back. Such options only make the resolve weaker. 

I have my plans, I am equipped with my skills and experience and I am trying my best. I am also course correcting as per the changing scenario and I am sure that things will work out-just fine. My take is this...

If you have set your heart on something...If you think you have the capability...then don't keep an escape route. Be audacious, surprise yourself??..and jump in.

Comments

  1. Well said, we try to look for escape route if if we think we have an option, otherwise keep moving.,,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment