Skip to main content

11 and counting...

I am proud to say that today marks the 11th straight year of unbroken 11 years of daily practice of meditation and exercise. This is my personal best. 

On March 09th, 2012, I decided to start meditation. Obviously I couldn't see this far then. And I wasn't sure about how long will I be able to continue. But God has been kind and I am going strong.

I meditate twice a day (morning & evening) and I also do freehand exercises twice daily for 15 minutes. And I have not missed a single practice of meditation or exercise (that is twice daily) since last 11 years. I consider this a great personal achievement.

As Paramhansa Yogananda said, "Meditation is concentration on God". Just like when we concentrate on our work, sports, reading, driving and so many things, when we concentrate on God and keep the distractions away then that activity is called meditation. Of course, peace is a by-product. It is not the target. 

Is it hard? Yes and no!

Depending upon your level of concentration (in general) and also depending on your love for God, the quality of meditation is determined. I have personally struggled a lot and it continues. I am far from my target. But I am happy.

We all go through difficulties in life. I think meditation helps me stay calm and even-minded. 



Comments

  1. Amazing and it is so inspiring to know your daily practice. Shows how committed and disciplined you are. god's grace always be with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment