Skip to main content

10 Years....

Today is a big day for me.

Exactly 10 years back on this day, I started practicing meditation. I meditate twice a day (morning & evening) and I also do freehand exercises twice daily for 15 minutes. It gives me great pride to share that I have not missed a single practice of meditation or exercise (that is twice daily) since last 10 years. I consider this a great personal achievement.

Were there days, when I wanted to skip? Yes of course, but honestly, not too many. However, there were circumstances that made this harder sometimes. For example, travel, uncertain schedules, social norms (dinners and meet ups) etc. The morning practice is easier. If one can wake up on time then the next couple of hours are absolutely yours. Evening practice can get tricky at times. That's when, one needs to adjust the schedule or meditate just before sleeping. In fact meditating just before sleeping and immediately on waking up is the best thing.  

I also feel that it's important to 'will' and ensure that you do not miss in the first few weeks / months. The urge is stronger in the first few weeks. As the activity makes a space in your schedule (and in your mind), things get easier. 

If you asked me what did it take to do this then my answer will be - 

"Two things. First, I made a promise to myself and I kept it. Second, I deeply care about these two activities." 

Of course, this was possible only because of the grace of God!

 


Comments