Skip to main content

Prayers

When we talk to God, almost always we are asking for something. Make this OK, if only I can get this, help me get that, change this, make that happen etc. The language, tone and the form may vary but our relationship with Him is always of a 'taker'. We are always in a desire fulfillment mode. We have an idea about how our life should unfold in the short and long term and we desperately want that. As if that particular 'outcome'(s) will make us happy. And this method (or idea) of ours never works. It has never worked for anyone, ever. Firstly, God doesn't give you something because you asked for it. Secondly, getting what we asked for will make us temporarily happy and then we will be ready to ask for the next thing. 


So what's a better way. I guess - instead of asking try and give your love. Unconditionally. And say - "let it be your will dear Lord". After that just do your part well.

However, the following prayer taught by my Guru - Paramhansa Yogananda is extremely powerful. "Lord, you know that this is my need. I will reason, I will be creative, I will do whatever is necessary. All I ask of You is that You guide my will and creative abilities to the right things that I should do." 

Comments