Skip to main content

Welcome back

One post daily for 23 days and then no post for next 23 days. What a coincidence! But right now, I am feeling like the 'hero' in Indian movies who has been beaten badly by the evil guy and who is presumably unconscious. But right in the last moment he opens up his eyes, blows out sand with his breath, and jumps up to fight again.

Let me share with you, my original plan. I was following a technique which I have used successfully in past. The scheme is - to make a resolve to do a job that you really want to do for 30 days. The idea has been presented by Matt Cutts in this TED talk. He says that 30 days is neither too long and nor too short for trying something new. And most likely at the end of this month one will have enough momentum to continue. Well, I crossed three quarters of my journey and then lost it. 

Apart from the dis-continuity of my blog, I failed in doing so many things that I have written about earlier. But, this is precisely the point all along :: Even the best guys fail, they simply don't give up. Let us learn the lessons from our mistakes and "WILL" strongly to not repeat them - This is a sure recipe for achieving difficult goals. 

The reason for the break in writing was that I had been travelling since my last post till 02nd August and was also busy in shifting our house to a new location. This was criss-crossed with hordes of activities, such as, our son's school admission, my job search, meeting friends and relatives, bank and tax works and so many more small but important tasks. But, I would not use these activities as an excuse. Actually, I did not not have internet connection for a greater part of my absence from this space (sounds lame-right?) and later other tasks took priority. I have once more realized the importance of the - "never miss twice" rule. It gets difficult to start after a break. However, all this while I was uneasy for not being able to write.

Today, I want to share a simple thought about dealing with difficult situations. The basis of my idea is that "Everything happens for a reason" (remember Oogway in Kung Fu Panda!). So God has put you there for your evolution. Ask yourself, "why am I going through this? What is the lesson? What is it that I need to learn here? Search hard if you do not get the answer in initial attempts. It is surely there. 

When you don't know what to do, get still. The answer will come. --Oprah Winfrey

Once you have grasped the reason then the journey becomes easier. Because we have found the purpose (of that situation). Restfulness and calmness follows this realization and with a greater emotional balance, a discriminative mind and a strong will, we find it easier to navigate.

The battle is always within...(this has been my most dominant thought since last many months)

Similarly, when dealing with difficult people, there are two things to ask. First, 'what lesson is in there for me?' and second, 'why is this person so troubled'. Once we start empathizing with the other person, the knots start to open up.

Comments

Post a Comment